Telephones: Unsafe with any dial

Fire at Rotary Park

Officials with Samsung appeared at the Ma Bell archives late Friday night after combing through the catacombs of the long forgotten warehouse. Witnesses to the hastily called press conference confirmed that the above photo, which recently went viral, shows a building that burned to the ground when a rotary phone spontaneously went up in flames in June of 1972.

“Technology simply has not advanced enough, in the world of communication, to avoid these occasional bursts of telephone pyrotechnics,” stated Samsung’s fire chief emeritus, Edgar Robins. “Frankly, we’ve been battling this since the Candlestick,” he added solemnly.

Melted rotary

A photo of the alleged offending rotary phone was also displayed at the press conference. This photo, much to the dismay of the fire chief emeritus, did not go viral.

Editor’s note; A Correction: The first photo above was of a fire at Rotary Park, not a fire caused by a rotary phone, as previously reported. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

About icefogger

Just a basic, down to Earth, laid back type of guy here, who loves the outdoors, the indoors, jazz on the turntable, a fire in the woodstove, the northern lights blazing across the sky, and the company of good friends. View all posts by icefogger

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: